Thursday, November 09, 2006

Baby's 1st Sentence

Jamie put together her first series of word tonight. I almost didn't catch it because I had my hands full with Justin being sick. I went to get Justin a glass of water and Jamie is sitting in her high chair eating dinner. She says "wonna a dink." With her cute baby talk I wasn't sure what she was saying, so once again she practically screamed it, and let me tell you out of all my kids she has the biggest set of lungs. While she screams it she is pointing to the cabinet where I keep her cups. That's when it dawns on me. She was asking for a drink. It's the first time she has asked for something, other than her usual method of point, scream and jump.

I'm so glad I gave up the rat race two years ago. I missed out on so much with my boys, but I'm making up for it now. Even though I am starting my own business, my children go with me now. I went out yesterday to Art Galleries to promote my business. I've got to say I was very impressed with the kids. Jamie I had to pick up a few time, but Justin was great. I went in to one gallery where the owner was very interested in my product. We talked a lot longer than in the other galleries. I looked over at Justin to find him sitting Indian style in the middle of the floor with nothing near by him just quietly listening. I was so impressed my heart just sank. Of course they aren't that well behaved at home. I was proud of them yesterday, not to mention loving the option to be out there doing business with my children at my side.

No comments:

Google Search

Google