Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Trans AM

Well it's both a happy day and a sad day. The Trans AM will soon be in the possession of a man in Canada. We got $4500 for the car. That was my minimum, but right now it will go a long ways to helping us get out from under our debts and on the road to financial freedom. I'll miss that car, but at least she served a good purpose when we needed it the most.

So it's a new year. I'm not one for new years resolutions. I just try to live my life the best I can all the time. But there is something I have been working on for the last few months, paying off our debt. I have finally got my husband to see the whole picture and stop spending money. We are now working toward some financial freedom, and the amount we get from the car will take a chunk out of our debts. Our income tax will go further to helping us. According to H&R Block estimator we should get back over $5000 for our return which sounds about right. With a business that didn't make profit this year and three children it may end up closer to $6000. You know it isn't worth having fancy cars and pretty clothes or top of the line tools if you can't enjoy life because the debt to get those items stresses you out so bad.

Another new development this year will be my best friend moving here in June. I can't wait! She has been a dear friend of both my husband and I since high school. If anyone knows of jobs available in the nursing or medical management fields please let me know. She would like to have a job lined up before she gets here.

I just know this will be a great year no matter how difficult it ended last year. I hope all of you have a wonderful year ahead as well.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

WHERE ARE YOU????? I miss your posting... hope your friend got a job. Nursing should be an easy one. If you don't have any leads yet, ask Dave O for Dave Tolle email address... he works as a nurse for KMC... and he can tell you if there is anything open. Of course nursing homes are always looking for nurses.
Hope the UPS job is still going strong for you.

Google Search

Google