Friday, July 08, 2005

Paterson Principle 4

4. Boot Camp Separates the Salesman
from the Wana-be Salesman
"Industry is cheap. It is laziness that costs. It has cost many a bright man a bright career" - John H Patterson
Business owners, here's something for you to think about. Are you having trouble finding salespeople who really know how to sale, or that have the right personality? Try this, hire your next employee with the right personality and then train that person to sale. It is easier to train a salesperson with the right personality and desire then to train an old salesperson set in their ways who thinks they know it all.
Salespeople, keep this in mind. You will never know it all! There is always room for improvement. So train yourself daily! Set aside 30 minutes everyday for your training, and 30 minutes every morning to plan out your day. If you are new in the sales field start networking and find a mentor to help you. I have my mentor and I call on him regularly to help me. If you have been in the game for a long time then search out someone new with the desire to learn, and mentor that person. Amazingly my mentor says it even helps to motivate him when he works with me.
I have a couple forms that can help you organize your day and one to help you measure your daily progress. Send me an email if you would like a copy at amyrebba@adelphia.net. If you have a sales team that really needs help or your just one sales person looking for a mentor let me know. I would be glad to help out other salespeople and business owners to improve their sales.

No comments:

Google Search

Google