Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sex Offenders among us

This is so disturbing to me. I'm very grateful that Shasta Groene was found, thanks to someone paying attention and responding quickly. However, it got me thinking. Who am I living near? Who are my neighbors, really? So I pulled up Idaho's sex offender registry. I was shocked to find that we have 58 offenders living right here in Post Falls, another 78 living in Coeur d'Alene, and no telling how many in Hayden. I was too discussed to keep looking.

Then I got to thinking, it's not enough just to find out how many are in my town. I needed to look further and find out how many may be living near me. That's when I became really disturbed. I live over by Wal Mart and found that there are two living just under the Highlands Golf Course, three living in a trailer park near by, one living just behind us, and few others on a near by street. Then I looked around the school. Now I thought these sicko's couldn't live within a certain distance from the school. Well a couple block away from the high school are two offenders and a couple more down the street from the elementary school my son goes to.

I thought you know this is just to close for comfort and considering that my neighbor has four girls I took my findings next door. I shared all of it with them, and just my luck another mother from down the street was there. They recognized one man as someone that worked for a family member. Then they recognized another man as one that lives two doors down from their friend. And to think their children may have been around these sicko's and they didn't even know who they were.

I left California seven years ago because I didn't want my children to grow up in the gang infested town I grew up in. But at least with gangsters you can see them coming. Sex offenders, some of them, look like the everyday guy next door.

If you have children. Don't be foolish enough to think that it'll never happen to you, or that it can't be the nice family guy next door. Because it sure as hell can.

I agree with Steve Groene. I read somewhere today that he thinks these people should be REMOVED from the street. I agree. Put them in a control environment where they won't be tempted by the child they see walking down the street. I'm not saying put them in prison per say. But create an environment for only such people. Sterilize them and put the on an island. Heck that's how Australia got started.

Just don't waste anytime finding out who your neighbors may be. Get on the Idaho Sex Offenders web site. Then take the time to map out where these people are. Inform your children about these people and show them the faces of the ones that live near by you or their school. Don't take any chances. The lives and well being of your children are too important and should be your first priority! Do it today!

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Sterilize won't do any good. Sex abuse as in rape isn't about the sex... it is about the control over another human being.
Society has to do something. The rules need to be in the kids favor, not the crimials. Level 3 abuser, should be kept from society. But the ACLU will never let us do that. How many children have to go thru this before Congress and everyone does something about it.

Google Search

Google